WATA 2018 Scholarship Application
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO April 23, 2018
Western Arkansas Tennis Association offers two college scholarships:
- The Lou Barry Scholarship is a "Player's" scholarship, based on competitive play & ranking with the intent to play at the college level.
- The WATA Scholarship is based on volunteering for WATA tennis programming.
- Due: April 23, 2018
The Arkansas Tennis Association offers two college scholarships to graduating seniors:
- The Betty Mooty Scholarship and the Margie O'Brien Scholarship
- Both ATA Scholarships are weighted toward volunteerism in tennis programming in the State.
- Due: October 1
SOUTHERN TENNIS PATRONS FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIPS:
Apply for a college scholarship! All high school seniors who live in the Southern section should apply for the scholarship, which provides $1,000 a year for four years. This scholarship is for kids who are well-rounded students, who also play tennis. The application is online and takes 30 minutes to submit. The direct link for the application is here: http://form.jotform.us/form/50232874289158.
CURRENT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
8U/10U/12U Beginner leagues need volunteers to help on court and with equipment.
Sunday afternoons at Ben Geren - May 13th - June 24th (except May 27th)
- 8U (Red Ball League): 1:00 - 2:45 PM (Junior High and Senior High players needed)
- 10U (Orange Ball League): 2:45 - 4:30 PM (Junior High and Senior High players needed)
WATA Spring Championships (Level 3) Tournament - April 6-8, 2018
To volunteer, contact Dawn Stovall (479.414.5588, email@example.com), Leslie Jackson (479.651.5735, firstname.lastname@example.org), Sally Bracken (479.650.0555, email@example.com) or Chris Stuart (479.831.8346, firstname.lastname@example.org) to offer your services to this league. Volunteer hours are awarded to all junior high and high school players who give their time. (Includes WATAopoly volunteer hours.)